Wednesday, July 3, 2013
Fast Food Review: Wendy's Berry Almond Salad (Without Chicken)
Another fast food salad I had recently was the Berry Almond Salad (no chicken: ask for it without) from Wendy's. Above is the half order, with a fork for size comparison.
I really liked this salad. Overall, it was crunchy, salty, sweet and flavorful. The texture of the almonds and the flavor of the dressing mixing with the nutty cheese was the best part. The salad was typical fast food iceberg lettuce, with a few cut up strawberries and a few blueberries, which weren't too flavorful but were fresh and nice overall.
I didn't like the dressing, or to be exact, a lot of it. A little bit paired nicely with the cheese and almonds. The problem with the vinaigrette (which was raspberry, by the way) was that it tasted like SYRUP. It was overly sweet and honestly tasted like flavored sugar water! So don't go dumping the whole packet over your salad, unless you love the taste of fruity sugar on your foods.
Overall score (1-10): I give it a 7. It was very unique, so a nice salad for a change of pace. The dressing and iceberg lettuce drags down the score.
Labels:
fast food review,
food,
salad,
sweet and salty,
vegetarian,
wendy's
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment